Covid-19 Practices and Protocols
- Drivers and ride alongs will do a daily self check before getting on their buses in the morning. If they appear to have symptoms, they will not attempt to drive or get on the bus.
- If symptoms appear the driver / ride along will contact their supervisor and have a back up driver / ride alone ready to take the route.
- Drivers will not be permitted to drive if they have been in contact with positive cases (family members, friends etc). Drivers / ride alongs will aslo need to be tested and cannot return back to work without a letter from the BTDH or AHS. Drivers / ride alongs will self isolate until results come back negative or if return to work is granted by BTDH or AHS.
- Drivers will have a Covid-19 test done every 2-3 weeks to ensure their health and safety as well as the safety of the students,
- Buses will be sanitized after every daily drop off (K-runs, school drop offs, AM Drops) Supervisors will use sanitizing machines on all buses .
- Drivers will log and document how many tiimes their unti was sanitized between runs and will be handed into the office weekly. Supervisors will then pass along to the Safety Officer.
- The sanitation process will become part of pre / post trip daily inspections.
- Drivers must wear the proper PPE during the transportation of the students, N95 masks or equivalent and / or face shields and safety glasses.
- Social Distancing is required on the buses at all times, no students shall sit directly behind the driver, but will sit directly to the right of the driver in the number 2 seat, then staggering stidents back and forth to the rear of the bus will be enforced.
- Ride alongs will also take the temperature of the students and if above normal temperature is found, they will not be allowed on the bus as well as any siblings in the household.
- Ride alongs will spray students hands with hand sanitizer before the student takes a seat.
- Ride alongs will provide masks to students
- Parents must do a child assesment each day before sending their child / children on the bus, if the slightest symptoms appear they are not to be sent on the bus.
- Students ill have their temperature taken and must use hand sanitizer before they take their appointed seats
- Students will be required to stay intheir assigned seating arrangements, no exceptions
- One student per seat, unless they are from the same household
- Absolutely no eating on the buses. Plastic disposable bottles only for drinking .
- Grades 4-12 will be required to wear the N95 masks or equivalent PPE
- if a student becomes ill during school hours that student will have to be picked up by a parent or guardian, and will not be allowed back on the bus without consent from the BTDH or AHS
- All students will be required to give the bus driver 3 emergency contact numbers in case of an emergency
- Students will be sent home with a copy of the new Practice and Protocols for parents to refer to.